Yippee! We made it to Day 10 in Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing)! (Actually, today is Day 11, but don’t tell anyone…)
It is excruciatingly hot in my corner of Quebec, or at least it is by Canadian standards : 31 C is OTT for us Canucks. Doesn’t hold a candle to Erbil, Iraq, though. That’s where my friend (and author) Carolyn Theriault is. She’s a sucker for punishment is Carolyn.
In a Facebook post this morning Carolyn said it’s 41C there, and the poor sparrows are literally falling dead from the trees in the swelter. It seems Erbil (also spelled Arbil) is one of the oldest continuously inhabited communities in the world. Not by sparrows apparently.
I bet Carolyn and the Iraqi sparrows would love to get their hands and beaks on some of my frozen fruit (the former to put in some cooling concoction with an umbrella in it, the latter to lower their soaring body temperatures).
This may sound absurd, but before last week it had never occurred to me to freeze fruit.
My Mom, Pinkie Patti, used to freeze blueberries in season, then make muffins (how ironic is THAT!?) with them all winter long. But I? Nope; never frozen a fig. Hmmmm. I wonder if figs are freezable? Dates are. I know that for a fact. Mom also used to freeze the dates I brought her from the United Arab Emirates. (Around the world with Life Out of a Box!)
But I digress. The other week, my friend Joey LeBaron of J.B. LeBaron’s grocery in the village, mentioned something, in passing, about frozen bananas. God knows what the convo was about, I don’t recall, but “Hey!” I thought to myself, “I’m going to freeze bananas for my Magic Bullet smoothies.” That thought was followed swiftly by: “Hey! I can freeze pineapple and strawberries too!” And so I did. With great success I might add (See pic above).
Because it is SUCH A SCORCHER today, I made my breakfast smoothie this morning with frozen mango (store bought), and frozen pineapple.
Mango Pineapple Orange Smoothie
- 1/3 cup soy milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- one or two ice cubes
Put it all in the Magic Bullet big cup and blend. Chillingly delicious.
It was so hot at lunch that I made a cold Gazpacho soup – AGAIN! But, unlike yesterday, I remembered to take a quickie pickie of the ingredients (See below).
Getchya Some Gazpacho
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 medium cucumber (peeled)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/3 cup V8 or Clamato juice
- 1/2 small garlic clove (or to taste)
- several drops of Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
- two ice cubes
Lettuce, tomato, and mushroom salad with homemade dressing and homegrown sprouts. No Bullet involved in this one!
I’m going to keep on eating healthy with the Magic Bullet, especially now that I have all that frozen fruit! I’ll feature new and yummy recipes when the mood strikes me. Oh and sometime in the next few days I’ll show the results I’ve achieved — stay tuned!
Important caveat: I am not a nutritionist, and this may or may not be a “healthy” regime for me or you or anyone else. It’s just a thing I’m doing for a short time for my own personal long-term well being.
- The Magic Bullet (tamberrinoartstudio.wordpress.com)
- Last 10 days in May fabulous food list (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Day 1: Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Day 2: 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Days 3 & 4: 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Facebook, food & feminism (Days 5, 6, 7 & 8) (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- The Magic In The Magic Bullet (viewpoints.com)
- Silk PureAlmond Review (slendergrapefruit.wordpress.com)
- Hot? Getchya Some Gazpacho (Day 9) (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)